adj. bold·er, bold·est
1. Fearless and daring; courageous.
2. Requiring or exhibiting courage and bravery. See Synonyms at brave.
3. Unduly forward and brazen; impudent: a bold, sassy child.
4. Clear and distinct to the eye; conspicuous: a bold handwriting.
5. Steep or abrupt in grade or terrain: bold cliffs.
6. Printing. Boldface.
adj. spic·i·er, spic·i·est
1. Having the flavor, aroma, or quality of spice.
2. Piquant; zesty: a spicy tomato sauce.
3. Producing or abounding in spices.
4. High-spirited; lively.
5. Slightly scandalous; risqué: a spicy Hollywood romance.
Fake Teen Slang:
BOLD and SPICY
adj. overly fond of crack cocaine.
"Billy! That's totally BOLD and SPICY!"
Sounds about right.
This is the first word/phrase of the month I invented since, well, since I invented frasky, so it's fitting, BOLD and SPICY if you will. It all started when I was sitting around being bored, like usual, I just started saying "blah-blah is BOLD and SPICY" at the end of everything. And I didn't say it normally either, oh no, I said it like, as misshfittz would go on to describe it, as a "Gay English constipated pirate".
This is seriously an addicting phrase, it's the Lays© of linguistics if you ask me, you can't just say it once. Try it, I dare you. And per the mission statement of this of this community, BOLD and SPICY makes an excellent alternative to "cool".
So the next time something goes your way belt out a good BOLD and SPICY in your best gay English constipated pirate.
August 2003 Frasky anti-cool word/phrase of the month:
BOLD and SPICY
PS. The July 2003 Frasky anti-cool word/phrase of the month was:
Word. So, kudos all you word users.